Friday 3 October 2014

On High Street San Fernando in the fifties.

 
This is early fifties. While strictly speaking this is not a vintage car, this is indeed vintage transport. As a little boy I can remember my grandfather taking me to his garden in a Horse Cart. Fast foward a few years later and see if you can identify the cars in the next picture.
 
 
The one in the fore ground is a Vauxhall Velox 1954. The next under looks like a 1953 Morris Oxford. The next one is a Ford Consul MK 1, manufactured between 1951 to 1956. Next with a person standing at the door is a Ford Prefect manufactured between 1949 and 1953. I have been fortunate to ride all three models and drive a Ford Consul  Mark 1. Can anyone remember Nandlal and Sons store on High Street? I remember buying shirts there in 1970!
While I have these photos, I am unable to acknowledge the source as received them via an email many years ago.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment