Saturday 25 October 2014

My 1969 Vauxhall Cresta




This is my 1969  Vauxhall Cresta. It is a big car and was the English answer to the American Chevrolet. It targeted the professionals in England who wanted a big car but could not afford a Mercedes or a Jaguar. I bought this one from a returned resident from England. I can lie down comfortbly in the back seat. It carries a 3.3 litre engine and automatic transmission and power steering. I have installed Air Conditioning for added comfort. She runs like a dream and because of the size I hardly feel the bumps on the road but she is difficult to park in small spaces especially in COOSTATT  south carpark!
As youcan see in the Ad, when this car was introduced in Trinidad in 1969, the cost was $4999 plus 20 % purchase tax! I wonder what it's worth now? Any offers?

1 comment: