Sunday 23 November 2014

This one is Pure Vintage


 
 
 
This is my 1953 Morris Oxford. It is bigger than the Morris Minor. This model was manufactured between 1953 until 1957.This car is completely original with the manufacturer engine and parts. She is in mint condition. It can cary six persons in two bench seats. It is manual transmission with  a fingertip gear lever. I use this one regularly to do errands around the village. If you look at the top picture above the number plate, you will see a small cover. This can be opened by turning upwards to reveal a space where a crank handle can be inserted and you can crank start this car if your battery fails. You will also notice that the windscreen is divided into two sections and the wipers work counter clockwise and opposite to each other.
By today's standard she is a slow car and can reach a maximun speed of 72 mph but back in her time she ws very popular and was among the first cars to be used as route taxis in Trinidad. She is just two and a half years younger than me and sometimes I feel, in better health than me. I have willed this one to my grand son for I know she will outlive me!


No comments:

Post a Comment