Wednesday 24 September 2014

My 1968 Mercedes Benz 280 S




My 1968 Mercedes Benz 280 S.
The Mercedes Benz 280 S series were manufactured in Germany through 1965 - 1972 as a then luxury car. This one is a 1968 model.  It carries a 2.8 litres straight six cylinder engine with twin carburettors.  It is automatic and can reach a maximum speed of 177 Km/hr.
I have had this car since 2001 and has done minimal maintenance on it except for oil changes and one chance out of front disc pads. The braking system is superb with discs on both front and rear wheels and also on the hand brake.
I have carried several weddings  and recently this car along with four other of my vintage cars were in a wedding scene for the local television series the Ramsinghs which will be aired in October.
Incidentally that is my wife in the picture. She usually drives when there is a wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment